Souderton-Telford Main Streets MGR.
Village Centre Office Suites
121 N Main Suite 107
Souderton, PA 18964
P.O. Box 314
Telford, PA 18969
North Main Street and Penn Avenue.
The original structure was built in 1867 by the North Pennsylvania Railroad, to get the train to stop in Telford, which traveled between Philadelphia and Bethlehem.
When the railroad named the station Telford, after Thomas Telford, the town changed its name to Telford as well. (Before that time the area was known as Hendricks Blacksmith which was later changed to County Line). The Moses Shelly fire of 1903 burned the original building to the ground. The present depot was rebuilt that same year.
Today the Train Station, the Freight Station and the parking lot were recently renovated and now house two establishments Shekala's and Marvelous Mealz. These efforts were awarded with the prestigious 2008 Montgomery Revitalization Award.
|< Prev||Next >|